16 January, 2011

[NEWS] JYJ’s Kim Junsu gave up the dream of becoming a scientist because he wasn’t mechanically driven

On the morning of the 13th, Kim Junsu together with his group members Park Yoochun and Kim Jaejoong attended the opening of ’FLL (First LEGO League) KOREA PR Ambassadors Investiture´ at the Grand Hilton Seoul Hotel

From this day’s interview he (Kim Junsu) got a question about his liking toward robots, “I don’t know much about machine. As a kid I have never built a mini-car” he said.

He continued “When I was in elementary school I had a big interest in space, I even wanted to be a scientist for a short period of time. To go to the space I thought an airplane was needed. So before building the airplane I decided to make “rubber airplanes”. However making 5 rubber airplanes in our 5 seconds was enough, it never came out as I wanted so I gave up.”

The same question was asked to Kim Jaejoong “When I was in middle school I’ve received a prize for putting together a helicopter in a science competition. Robot or engineering, I had a big interest in a lot of areas ever since I was a little kid.“ he said

“Anyone would have liked machines and science when they were young. I in particular liked model airplanes and I also played a lot with legos. The ambassador of the robot competition will be a great help for those young people who have a passion for robots.” Park Yoochun said.

The FLL (First LEGO League) was America’s first foundation. This global youth competition will be having more than 17000 participating teams from 60 different countries.The competition will be held on the 29th of this month in Ilsan Kintex, the winner of the South Korean tournament will represent South Korea in the FLL World Championship.


credit: dongascience
trans by: sharingyoochun.net
shared by: DBSKnights + c3jj

No comments:

Post a Comment