26 December, 2010

[TRANS] 101221 SKKS Park Yoochun Interview – “Best Newcomer Award? I think Yoon Shi Yoon will win.”




With regards to the Best Newcomer Award for the 2010 KBS Drama Awards, there has already been talks about it “not losing out to the big awards.” This is because among the nominees are Yoon Shi Yoon and Joo Won from “Baker King Kim Tak Goo,” which enjoyed ratings of nearly 50%, as well as Park Yoochun, who challenges acting in a drama for the first time in “SungKyunKwan Scandal.”

In comparison to “Baker King Kim Tak Goo,” “SungKyunKwan Scandal’s” ratings are not as high, but has a large following, and created a lot of buzz during its airing.

In a recent interview with Newsen, Park Yoochun, when asked if he was looking forward to winning the Best Newcomer Award, he said, “ I want to win it, and it would be good if I could,” however, “I think that Yoon Shi Yoon will probably win.”

“Actually, I am very surprised to even be nominated, because this is my first project. So far, I still don’t feel like my acting is good, so I would be rather embarrassed if I won the award.”

Listening in on one side, fellow JYJ member Kim Jaejoong said, “Junsu won the Best Newcomer Award at the 16th Korean Musical Awards with Mozart, so if Yoochun could win as well, it would be good.” He also said, “While others were concentrated on acting, Yoochun also had to focus on the showcase as well as concert.”

Aside from Kim Junsu, who will be working on “Tears of Heaven” following “Mozart,” Kim Jaejoong and Park Yoochun said, “If there is a chance, we hope to continue being active in the acting arena via dramas and movies.”

Also, JYJ will be performing “Chajatta” from the “SungKyunKwan Scandal” OST at the 2010 KBS Drama Awards Stage.

Source: [Newsen] + [BaiduTVXQ]
Translation credits: ssunsett@tohosomnia.net
Shared by: tohosomnia.net
Do not remove/add on any credits

No comments:

Post a Comment