03 May, 2011

[News] Lee Sangyup, Playing Yoochun’s Friend, Speaks About His Role


Lee Sayngyup of “Midas.” From Zhang Hyuk to Park Yoochun, Becomes the “Friend of the Public”

…Lee Sangyup will play the friend of Park Yoochun in the new MBC Monday-Tuesdsay drama “Ripley” that will air starting at the end of May.
Although the role of the friend is of course give less weight than the lead actor it is not a character that is given to just anyone easily. That is because he must function as someone who supports the lead and at the same time make alive his own character to act as indispensable (T/N: literally, “gamcho” which is an indispensable herb in Chinese medicine).
He explained: “I don’t think it would do for me to stand out more than the lead. Yoochun is a character who keeps his composure in his drama and so it seems that I who is the friend will act as the effervescent one. Probably I will be more playful than I was in “Midas.”
Continuing, to the question of “From Zhang Hyuk to Park Yoochun’s friend, it seems that people around you will be quite envious,” he laughed: “Because around me I have many male friends, that’s not really the case. I think when I become Yoochun’s friend I’ll receive the envy of JYJ fans.”
(Parts unrelated to Yoochun omitted)
Source. Asia Today
Translation by. JYJ3

No comments:

Post a Comment